Welcome Digital Scrapbookers

So glad you found me. Just come and sit a spell, it's time to go exploring. Life is an unscripted journey that if you're lucky enough, you capture it with words and photos.













Followers

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

We must never forget ....

Today when I went on my morning walk, my thoughts travelled back to memories that hurt me.

Today is September 11, 2013
and I can't help but
remember
 
September 11, 2001 
 

I know all of us can remember that day vividly as if it were only yesterday.  I still can feel the  unbelievable horror and pain.  For me, I felt and learned that evil had come to knock at our doorstep.  Prior to that morning, I had never experienced disbelief, mixed with sorrow and fear.

Like all of us though ... even with all the tears I shed that morning when the first plane hit.  I chose during that first week following September 11th, to reach for something far more meaningful.  I found out what is really means to be an American.  Our country became one, whole in every way.  We watched courage daily from our fellow Americans and we came together  "AS ONE PEOPLE" which is truly what I pray for today.  I think we have forgotten. 

Our country is very divided right now; all of us are fearful and weary of war as a community and Nation.  My prayers go out to our President, Congress and military because no matter what.  Our  world needs healing.  No matter what happens in Syria ... our world is effected.  Not just America or Europe or Russia or China or North Korea or the Middle East ... this is the only planet we have.  I just pray with all my heart that decisions are made to protect our humanity.

My freebie today is dedicated to that day, the memories it holds for all of us and our endurance as a Nation to stay STRONG and UNITED forever.

You can download this at:

May each of you take a moment for reflection on this day.

With all my love, Sue

4 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

This is a wonderful remembrance, thanks so much for sharing.

Linda said...

Hello Sue, Thank you for what you have said here.
The people of this world need to learn how to live together in peace without continual wars and the various conflicts that happen everyday.
This earth of ours could be such a beautiful place if everyone learned to co-operate and live together in peace, harmony and consideration for others...

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thank you so much!